All water jetting courses are City & Guilds-accredited. Course content is regularly updated in line with technological advances and changes to safety and regulatory requirements, so operatives and their employers can be certain they are receiving the best possible instruction.
The Water Jetting Safety Awareness is an entry-level course. This is a mandatory one-day classroom-based course covering all main areas of water jetting operation and safety, including types of water jetting, water pressure and flow rates, risk assessment and the use of safety clothing.
The Safety Awareness training course is based on the Associations “Code of Practice for the use of High Pressure Water Jetting Equipment” as set out by the Water Jetting Association (WJA).
This training course is essential for all personnel who are required to operate high/ultra high pressure water jetting equipment in the course of their daily work. The WJA strongly advises that operatives should combine the Water Jetting Safety Awareness course with a relevant practical course to obtain the most thorough instruction in safe and effective water jetting.
Benefits for Operatives
- Successful operatives are registered with the WJA international database
- Successful operatives are issued with a certificate and a WJA photo ID card, detailing courses passed
- WJA water jetting training is recognised by employers and is required by many contractors
- Gives operatives a greater understanding of safety in water jetting operations
- Knowledge of how to safely operate high pressure jetting equipment
- Practical skills and familiarisation with the equipment
- Ability to identify potential hazards
Benefits for Employers
- Competent employees, better able to complete water jetting operations.
- Employees better able to communicate outcomes, and who feel their employer has made an investment in them
- WJA training sets a benchmark for skills and operational standards
- It supports safe, productive and sustainable water jetting practice
- It supports workforce development and key operative retention
- It provides quality assurance for prospective customers
Who should attend?
- All personnel who are required to operate high/ultra high pressure water jetting equipment in the course of their daily work
- New or inexperienced operators of water jetting equipment
- Experienced operators who have not had previous training and who need to improve their knowledge and skills
- Experienced operators who require re-training (refresher) due to changes in equipment specification or legislation
- Managers and supervisors who are responsible for water jetting personnel
- Health and Safety managers
- Client-side contract or operational managers who obtain the services of water jetting specialists
Other available courses
The following modules are also available;
- DS – Drain & Sewer Cleaning (half day)
- SP – Surface Preparation (half day)
- TP – Tube & Pipe Cleaning (half day)
- HD – Hydro-demolition (full day)
- PW – Pressure Washing (full day)
Please note, candidates must have a valid Safety Awareness card to complete any of the above modules. All module certificates remain valid whilst a Safety Awareness card remains in date.
We tend to run at least 1 Safety Awareness course and 1 module every month at our Billingham depot. You can find our current course dates here.
Dates can be scheduled to suit client’s requirements and training can be carried out at the client’s premises, providing there is a classroom and correct equipment.
Doornbos Equipment are without a doubt leaders in supply of equipment to our industry. The team at Teesside have become friends to us. That’s from the shop floor servicing repair to management in the new fresh offices. This One Stop Shop Works!
We have been using Doornbos Equipment for over 10 years now.
Equipment reliability is good, but more importantly to us, the back-up service is outstanding!
Doornbos Equipment has been like a right hand man to me. They have helped me grow my business by offering the latest equipment and offering support when needed.
I would highly recommend your services to anyone keep up the good work.
We have and still use Doornbos equipment regularly – Doornbos respond to our requests at short notice quickly and efficiently. Their friendly attitude and customer care goes a long way to help us – we will continue to use them
Doornbos have offered their services to us for over a decade to date.
Throughout this time they have ensured that our vacuum tanker is up to the job, carrying out running repairs & servicing in a timely fashion and offering guidance to any queries put forward through recommendations from their highly skilled and experienced personnel. I would happily recommend them as a very professional company to any business.
Thank you to Steve Buxton for his fast and efficient service. I am very impressed with the service from Doornbos Equipment.
Doornbos have been a huge help throughout two major shutdowns this year, not only helping with providing rental equipment but also meeting our procurement needs with on time deliveries.
We could not have asked for a better service from you guys and girls!
Steve, James and the team have also helped maintain and repair our own equipment and the engineers have helped keep the equipment in good running order. Thanks guys big help
I really appreciate your help! I was needing a decent company to help with our training requirements.
You ladies are on the ball and it’s very evident. A credit to Doornbos. Well Done!
We would just like to express my thanks to everyone at Doornbos. The service I have received has been nothing short of amazing. As a new customer all you can ask for is advice and support when hiring new products and these needs were met perfectly. All machines turned up in good working order and when there was a little hiccup (on our part) the issue was dealt with quickly and efficiently, meaning we were back up and running the same day.